Thursday, September 5, 2013

The longest week EVER....


Hiya Blogland!! I am sure glad today (Thursday) is my Friday this week because work has been INSANE!!! I hate September as far as work goes because it's the end of the fiscal year and it just gets nuts.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was able to sneak in a trip to a Salvation Army I rarely go to. I've evidently appeased the thrifting god's with the donations I made recently because again I scored some goodies on the cheap. It was $1 for all women's clothing and shoes!!!!


Two Foxcroft button-downs. One is a gorgeous cornflower blue
and the other a soft magenta pink.

Croft & Barrow Tshirt--I loved that it had teal, purple and
magenta with the black & grey.

DCC woman Denim shirt--I already have a chambray and a dark denim but
just loved this distressed denim and the ruffles down the front.

Mercer360 Zebra Striped Sweater. What's not to love? Soft silvery knit
with the graphic zebra stripe down the center of the front & back.

I love tartan anything (I'm 90% Scottish 3rd generation off the boat) and was THRILLED when I found the LandsEnd tartan buttondown a couple of weeks ago. Imagine my joy at scoring this awesome Chaps tartan buttondown. I'm plaid-eriffic!!

A Design Originals black sweater with adorable embroidered white polka-dots.
 
These barely worn leather Naturalizer booties will be so cute later with tights.

I fell in love with the buckle on these barely worn
Michael Shannon leather ballet wedges.

Easy Spirit never-worn microfiber wedge heel ballet flats.
 
Yesterday between the crazy at work and some IBS (intestinal issues) I dressed pretty low-key. This weeks SpyGirl 52 Pick-Me-Up theme is "White" so I pulled out the Koret White blouse I recently thrifted. The jeans are JustMySize and thrifted and the shoes are my adorable thrifted pink LizCaliborne loafers. I needed some happy feet!! I added some bracelet's including the cool pink skulls one Krista made me. I was comfortable if not the most OMGFASHUN!!!!

Todays outfit is compromised of all thrifted items except my bracelets. They came from the clearance rack at Burlington Coat Factory. The skirt is Cathy Daniels, the top is Talbots or Ann Taylor (I forget!), the belt is almost TOO FREAKIN' BIG NOW!!!  I'm wearing the Easy Spirit shoes-they were like walking on air!

  
I must say I am looking forward to a my three day weekend!! I plan on pulling out the autumn and decorating inside and out-pictures to follow!!
 
Everyone have a glorious weekend and I'll be back on Sunday!!
 
TTFN
Tamera
 
 

 
 
 

13 comments:

Patti said...

I hope you have a completely relaxing weekend, T. Great shopping today! Love the denim shirt with ruffles, a nice mix of tough and girly : >

Anonymous said...

That's a good haul, especially the shoes. I've had good luck with shoes and boot, but they're all black! I'd love to have more colored shoes, but at less than $5 a pair, I guess black is good enough.

thorne garnet said...

Dang it, I never find shoes! My feet aren't that big. I had a 3 day weekend last week. (3 day weekend=4 day work week!!!) That's is on extra days off until Thanksgiving. Enjoy your free time

Curtise said...

Those thrifting gods sure are smiling on you, Tamera! You must have pretty much replaced your wardrobe of tops/shirts now. Great scores with the shoes too, I always look for footwear but don't often find what I'm after.
You are looking chic and trim, the white shirt with jeans looks cool and casual, very nice. Have a restful and relaxing weekend,myou deserve it! xxxx

Vix said...

I'd love to party with those poodles - send them over when you're done!
I remember the madness of End Of Year well (April for us Brits!), stock taking, inventories, deadlines! thank goodness for thrift shopping to take your mind off the tedium!
Love the animal print top, can't wait to see you rocking it!
Two fabulous outfits despite the stress!
Have a good 'un! xxxxx

Vix said...

I'd love to party with those poodles - send them over when you're done!
I remember the madness of End Of Year well (April for us Brits!), stock taking, inventories, deadlines! thank goodness for thrift shopping to take your mind off the tedium!
Love the animal print top, can't wait to see you rocking it!
Two fabulous outfits despite the stress!
Have a good 'un! xxxxx

Krista said...

I have been busy too with people spending year end money but I love that! You really scored some cute shoes, I never find shoes. I'm loving the gray sweater with zebra you will get so much wear out of that one! Have a nice weekend honey!
xxoo

Tami Von Zalez said...

I LOVE those Foxcroft shirts - they are so well constructed and launder up nicely without wrinkles. The angels sing when I locate one of those finds!

Suzanne said...

What a score on those Naturalizer booties.

IBS...not fun. Seems I've had that non stop since my surgery. I hope you are feeling better.

bisous
Suzanne

Megan G said...

I may have had good thrifting luck - but your shoe finds are always so amazing!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm going to raid my dad's wardrobe right now to see what plaid shirts he has! I love that Tartan one, like the other one you found, it looks great. You look fabulous xxx

Anne M Bray said...

Love your "White" look! Clean and refreshing!
Thanks for linking up with 52 Pick-me-up!

Unknown said...

Yay for a sneaky op shopping adventure! Those microfibre ballet flats look super styling and comfy and as usual, your amazing smile is your most beautiful accessory!

Sarah xxx

PS And those poodles are hilarious!