Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Laugh-in Flying Squirrel Dress

Hiya Blogland!!! It has been a glorious weekend here in Western Maryland!! Gracie and the grand-puppy Noelle were a hit at the town festival. Everyone ooohed and aaaahhed over them and wanted to pet them!!

I took some pictures of the outside Autumn décor to share. I love decorating for the seasons and holidays!!

A little story about the pumpkin tower. I saw some examples on Pinterest using real pumpkins and urns. I brought these "fake" pumpkins probably 15+ years ago at Target on clearance. They are actually jack-o-lanterns that lit up but we don't celebrate Halloween so I've always turned the face to the back. I used a large planter we had with a crack in it with a tall stake placed in it.  I cut holes in the tops of the middle and large pumpkin and glued the three together. Added some Spanish moss, a vine I had and some leaves. I put the pumpkins down over the stake for stability. Put some OLD fake leaves around the bottom and a sign I made from an old door. WAH-LAH---a pumpkin tower for FREE--and it's re-usable!!
 
More pictures of our porch.
 
I stopped by a yard sale down the street during the festival. They had a nice box of jewelry for only fifty cents each. I got some awesome vintage goodies!!
 


 
I wanted to share a picture of my friend and "adopted" daughter Andrea . She was STYLIN' at church this morning!!
 
I wore the dress I made from tracing my butterflies dress. I call this my Laugh-in (remember that show) Flying Squirrel Dress. It was absolutely a hit with everyone!! I got more complements on it than anything I've recently worn. The jewelry is vintage/thrifted and the shoes are Chaps.
 
If I become a bit incognito this week, I'm helping with a Thanksgiving in September dinner for a dear friend who is near the end of his journey with cancer.
 
Take a moment this week and tell someone you love them. You just never know when time may end.....
 
TTFN
Tamera
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

Sheila said...

You have got to show your rockin' legs more, Tamera! You are killer in that dress - I am not surprised you got tons of compliments. Love your autumnal decorating.

Becky said...

I'm loving that dress-- looking so good!

Patti said...

You and Andrea look fab - and you really gave me a smile with the "Flying Squirrel" reference! You're lovely to help your friend in his twilight. xo

Meghan Edge said...

LOVE YOUR DRESS! And the Laugh In reference. And your porch looks amazing. <3

Anonymous said...

Great dress! The print is similar to one my sister had. And Andrea must have been channeling Laugh-In, too - same era of wild patterns (love her shoes!).

Your Thanksgiving dinner in September is a wonderful idea - sharing and giving thanks for a good friend and his life. I'm sure it will be bittersweet and so appreciated.

Sue said...

Tamera you have fabulous legs!!! Do not cover up those sexy pins from now on!!

Suzanne said...

That dress really is Laugh-In.

So sad about the cancer. I'm sure it must be a difficult time. ((((Tamera)))))

bisous
Suzanne

renae said...

hey Tamara, thanks for the fun comments. This dress here is a fun number. ♥

mispapelicos said...

I love your dress Tamera, it is soooooooooooo me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
I love the idea of decorating the house with the seasons. I will have to wait untill it goes below 33ºc to feel close to autumn.
Much love, dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

citizen rosebud said...

I'm with Sheila, T-bird, show off your stems! That dress looks amazing and amazing on you- and that flower brooch pin- oof- I've got serious pin envy.

Helga said...

LEGS! WOOF!!! Love the colours in that frock, darling! I also adore Autumnal colours, pumpkin orange is all good with me!
Oooo, the enamel brooch was a real score! XXX

thorne garnet said...

what a beautiful gift to your friend, Thanksgiving in September.

That's one crazy print on the dress.


Unknown said...

I'm so grateful that I know such a kind and caring person! You rock, girlfriend (there, now I told you).

BTW, I'm going to have to come up there and steal that dress - I would wear that in a heartbeat! ;-)

Alicia

Anonymous said...

I love the Laugh-In Dress and I absolutely remember that show--Goldie Hawn and the guy who rode the little tryke. what was his name?

Vix said...

I'm not surprised you look incredible and Andrea does look like your long lost sis! The displays are insanely cool, I love how you do up your house according to the seasons. xxxxxx

Unknown said...

I got a major flashback when I saw the print of that dress! LOVE IT XOXO

Krista said...

Wow that dress is insanely good on you no wonder you were a star! I love how colorful your front porch looks, why I could happily sit there with the doggies too!

Thanksgiving in September for someone you love who is at the end of their life, wow that sounds difficult, rewarding and heart breaking. You are a sweetheart of a friend to the end!
Lots of love to you Tamera!
XXOOO

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can totally see Goldie in that dress!

Curtise said...

You look amazing in that groovy dress, Tamera - what fabulous legs you have, my dear! Andrea looks so stylish too, are you the best dressed ladies at your church? I reckon so!
So sorry to hear about your friend, that's a kind thing you are doing. xxxxx

Megan G said...

I don't get the reference, but that doesn't stop me for being head over heels for that incredible printed dress. Holy cow that's super fantastic amazing!!! I love eyesearingly bright colors. They're a balm to my soul.