Friday, September 13, 2013

Monochromania in grey

Hiya Blogland!! This will be a short post. YAY it's FRIDAY and I can have some peace and quiet!!

Sheila of Ephemera has been during a monochromatic week this week and ask others to play along by wearing a monochromatic outfit one day.

Unfortunately I don't have the FABULOUS colorful shoe wardrobe she has!!! Plus all of my bottoms are now blacks and greys so that sort of limited my choices a bit.

It finally cooled down today so I pulled out a thrifted Sonoma long-sleeve T with a silvery design on the front. I paired it with a thrifted Jessica London charcoal knit maxi and some old Thom McCan pewter leather loafers. It was almost like wearing pajama's all day!! I ruched up the bottom of the T to give it some interest and pinned it with a vintage silver leaf pin. 

 
 
Here's my blingy. The pin is vintage and thrifted, the bracelets and earrings came from the clearance bin at Burlington Coat Factory.
 

Tomorrow our daughter, SIL and grandpuppy Noelle are coming to visit. It's the Sharpsburg Heritage Festival and Antietam Battle Anniversary this weekend so we'll be taking the princesses Gracie and Noelle out and about.

Everyone have a fab weekend and I'll be back on Sunday!!

TTFN
Tamera


9 comments:

Megan G said...

That is some badass bling, Ms Tamera!!! Love those spiked earrings. Wow!

Miss Simmonds Says said...

Can't believe how quickly it's got cold here, I love your navy maxi skirt. Perfect for this time of year. Those areas are totally amazing, fantastic, adds a bit of punk to your outfit

Patti said...

Great idea, pinning the hem of your tee. I shall steal it : > you look great in mono - have a wonderful family weekend!

Vix said...

What a fantastic outfit, I love your maxi and that foil fronted top is fabulous! have an amazing and relaxing weekend! xxx

Curtise said...

Lovely look, Tamera, the little trick with the brooch is very clever! The different shades of grey (not quite 50...) work well to add interest. I was thinking about doing a monochrome outfit but also struggled with the shoes, and felt all my colours were too similar, and therefore the outfit had no depth or interest. So an epic fail from me!
Have a lovely weekend with the family. xxxx

Anonymous said...

I didn't make it to monochromania. I have the same problem as you - most of my lower half clothes are black or gray or denim. But your look is fabulous, especially the brooch-ruching (bruching?).

Thom McAn - that's a name from the past. Are they still around?

thorne garnet said...

lucky you with the cooling down. It's still 93 here.

citizen rosebud said...

I like your blingy. I need to swing by Sheila's and check out her monochrome-mania

Sheila said...

You look fantastic, Tamera - I love how you pinned up the side of the top. Must try that.

Watch for the Monochromania round up later today!