Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Overload


Hiya Blogland!! I've been on pumpkin overload this week!!  I've made pumpkin black bean soup earlier this week and tonite I made 4 dozen pumpkin spice cupcakes with pumpkin cream cheese icing for this weekend. Pumpkin-o-rama!!!!

Yesterday I pulled a dress out to wear. I had to take it in a bit in the back.
The dress is Avenue--I got it a couple of years ago with Amazon credits. The bangles are vintage and the shoes Clark's Artisan that I dyed.
 
Today I dressed as comfortable as possible as I had to sit through several hours of mandatory training on Sexual Harassment. UGH
Everything is thrifted. The top is Cabin Creek, the skirt LaneBryant and the scarf is vintage. The pin was a gift from our circus Queen Desiree!!
 
I'm thinking of hemming this skirt to knee length. What do y'all think??
 
I'm letting the pink fade out in my hair as I want to try another color--purple or turquoise.
 
This is a short post today--I need to go ice those cupcakes!!
 
Everyone have a fantastic weekend!!
 
TTFN
Tamera
 
 

16 comments:

Patti said...

the cupcakes sound so delicious! I am eating some wheat thins right now, sooooo boring : > That is a lovely print dress and the color is really dazzling on you. xoxo

thorne garnet said...

were you trained on how to harass or to spot it? I think cut it short. The long skirt, I mean

Suzanne said...

mmmm....you had me at pumpkin spice cupcakes!

I love the outfit with the scarf. I'd say go for it on shortening the length. You've got the legs for it.

bisous
Suzanne

Sue said...

Definitely hem the skirt to knee length, you have those fabulous legs to show off remember!!

Megan G said...

Love the printed dress! As for the skirt, I think it's really cute as is, but whenever I consider altering something, I ask myself if I'd wear it MORE if it were different. If not, don't go through the trouble. If so, then hem away!

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin cupcakes -yum! Turquoise hair - yay! Training in harassment - sign me up!

I love both outfits just the way they are, and especially your clever brooch trick.

The Queens Table said...

So cute! Love the brooch on the sweater too! Mmmmm pumpkin!

mispapelicos said...

Love pumpkin, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
You are soooooooooooo lovely.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Behold the incredible shrinking woman! Dang yes, get those gams out babe!! I gasped with absolute delight at the sight of you in your beautiful frock, THEN you burn my retinas out with your dazzling smile and zings of colour!! My dear, now that you're a Blogger expert, time to enlarge these gorgeous images of you and your divooooon outfits. When you're writing your next post, after inserting your images into your post, click on each one then click on one of the size options. I use "X-LARGE" coz I'm a slapper. Or you could just tell me to shuddup and I'll go back to my corner. Heehee!!! xoxoxoxo

Curtise said...

Ha, I'm with Desiree, X-Large all the way!
Your brooch trick is fast becoming a signature look, Tamera. I'll be the voice of dissent and say I love the skirt at maxi length - you have others to show off your gorgeous legs, you can afford to let that one stay full length, it'll be great for winter.
Great print on your dress.
Have a delightful weekend! xxxx

Becky said...

Love the first dress!! The skirt would look fab knee length.

Sheila said...

You know I'm going to shout, "Knee length!" :) Long is fine but show those gorgeous gams!

Happy weekend, Tamera!

Vix said...

I love both outfits and I'm with Curtise, keep the skirt at maxi length! You've got fabulous legs but it's good to ring the changes!
Happy weekend! xxxx

Meghan Edge said...

Turquoise! I VOTE TURQUOISE!! BECAUSE IF I COULD THAT WOULD BE MY COLOR RIGHT NOW!

You know how to dye shoes?!! HOW?!!?

You look fabulous, as always. I miss that about Maryland- we had tons and tons of pumpkins there.

Helga said...

You are looking good enough to eat yourself!
I'm not a big fan of pumkin, but I do like it in muffins or cakey things! YUM! So moist. I wish I liked it more, because it's such a great colour!
XXX

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I think that maxi is purely elegant. I hope I'm not too late...lol.