Monday, April 7, 2014

Getting Our Animal On!!!




Hiya Blogland!! How is everyone doing??? It looks like Spring has finally arrived in Western Maryland!! Last nite a bunch of ladies came to my house for a get together to celebrate Andrea's birthday. She asked that we all wear animal print.  I pulled out the awesome leopard caftan that Misfit Sarah sent me.



Baby Peanut is 14 weeks and doing well. Mommy is tired a great deal and just starting to wear maternity pants.



Life is the same old , same old here. The back is still crapola. The MRI showed a bulging disc, cyst on the disc caused by a tear that leaked on one side,  a protrusion on the other side of the disc and the spinal ligament is inflamed and enlarged. Sigh.....  All if this is causing the pain and sciatica. Still doing physical therapy and stuck at home.  The orthopedic doctor had me take a massive dose of steroids this week to see if it will make the inflammation go down and ease the pain. If this doesn't work then it's an epidural shot. They want to prolong the inevitable of surgery. Ah well...........



I looked in the bins with the spring & summer stuff and pretty much left it all packed up. My lifestyle these days has no use for office attire. I had some stuff I thrift ed last year for this season that is workable now. I really am wearing more loose and  unstructured stuff that is easy to do PT in.



Here's some of what I've been sporting these days:





Nothing very exciting here. I bought the slouchy cotton knit sweaters on deep clearance at Kohl's. They were cheaper than thrift prices. I got a lilac nubby, mint nubby and pale blue basket weave one. I have been wearing them almost non-stop with jeans and a scarf lately. The ballet flats in the top picture are from Target. I beat my old black pair to death last year and re-ordered online to replace them. since they were on sale I also got nude ones and cobalt blue. I'm wearing them in the top pix. It's more of a navy blue than a bright cobalt.

The middle pix is what I wore to church. It's totally thrifted--top is SagHarbor, skirt Dressbarn and shoes Nine West. The sweater has a bit of lurex in it and itches me like crazy. It's going to Andrea as she loves it. The skirt is a nice light fabric--it was never worn as the pleats were still stitched down. A longer fuller skirt works for me now as I have to sit a bit awkward and unladylike and pencil skirts are too dangerous!!

I'm linking up with all the lovely and visible ladies for Visible Monday!!! 

TTFN
Tamera



14 comments:

Patti said...

Great to see you, T, and sorry your back-news isn't more encouraging. You and your friends look animal-tastic in that top pic! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xox.

Unknown said...

I want to tell you how inspiring you are to me because even though you're going through so much you always manage to look chipper and happy in your photos! When I was recovering from neurosurgery and couldn't dress up much I wore beautiful scarves to cheer myself up. I'm glad to see you doing the same ;-)

Alicia
spashionista.com

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I find out what's wrong with my back next Monday. Uggh! Getting old, huh?

Vix said...

Good to see you especially in your glori-arse leopard print with the other lovelies!
I'm sorry that back of your isn't healing naturally but if its any help at all I can reassure you that friends who have had surgery made a rapid and full recovery.
xxxxx

Shybiker said...

Love the blue flats. Glad you had fun with your friends.

Krista said...

Love seeing you and all the gals in leopard print celebrating! I hope if you end up having surgery that you are all better after that. My uncle had it done and has so much better.
Peetee sends licks and love!
Xxxxxxoooo

Curtise said...

Oh yo and the ladies in leopard print look fabulous! I bet it was fun to have them round. I'm sorry you are still having such trouble with your back, but it's always a joy to see you, and you're still smiling! Sending much love, Tamera. xxx

Suzanne said...

So very sorry to hear about your back. That sounds horribly painful. My Mom had back surgery and it changed her life.

Hopefully things start turning around for you soon.

It looks like a fun time with the ladies at least! Love the tiaras! : )

bisous
Suzanne

Lynn said...

Glad to see a new post. Sorry you are going thru so much pain.

Unknown said...

Hi Tamera!

I have been away for a while - I had an accident, fell and got a concussion - I'm starting to feel better - I have been off work since March 24 -
So sorry to read that you are in so much pain still - But you are doing everything you can - I see the moral is good despite all is happening to you.
Such a delight to see you!
Congrats for the new baby, that's swell - I wonder if i will ever be a grandma!

I don't when i will be able to update my blog - For now iI'm looking and commenting blogs -

Take care

Arianexo

SeƱora Allnut said...

so pretty bunch of ladies!!, you look awesome wearing tiaras and animal print and having fun!!
and so glad to read your post, and wishing you the best!!
besos & salud!

Aya said...

It's lovely to hear from you, Tamera! I'm sorry the news is not so great re: your back. You always manage to look so lovely and cheerful in your photos, though. I'm glad you got to have a good time seeing your friends. :D

Sheila said...

You may be down, but you are not out, Tamera! You still manage to look stylish and pretty - love that church outfit!

Unknown said...

You all look fabulous! Looks like you had a great time, and you surely needed one! Love you in leopard. Soon you'll be out of your sweaters and into full-swing spring. (Although it's 41 degrees here with freeze warnings for tonight! What?)
Tamara, I have to rejoice that they've found the cause ...and the same thing happened to me, exactly, low in the back with screaming pain. I'm surprised they're thinking surgery at this point, because the damned protrusion can dissolve. Mine did, and I've been pain free for a long while. The sciatica completely resolved, and while the compromised disc can pop again, it may not if I'm careful. It must be a really big one in your case! Hope you get better with this treatment... thinking of you sweetie!