Sunday, May 18, 2014

What to wear to a gender reveal




Hiya Blogland!!! I'm still alive and sort of kicking! ! It's been a while since I've posted. I have limited time I can sit at a computer comfortably. I've been using the time crafting or sewing. I've finally got the tablet picture and posting thing worked out so hopefully I'll be more active. I have been reading and keeping up with everyone's b logs even if I'm not commenting.

Brief update on the back injury. I'm still out on disability workers comp (over 6 months-yuck). I have severe sciatica and back pain due to a bulging disc, discal cyst, discal protrusion and sprained, inflamed spinal ligament. They gave me a spinal steroid epidural about 2 weeks ago to see if it would help the pain. Unfortunately so far nothing. They may possibly try another next month pending the results of the nerve c induction test they did this week. I am becoming more resigned to having back surgery. Anyway...enough whining!!! Lol

The BIG news that has me over the moon is we are going to be grandparents in early October. For Mother's Day Julie and Sean had Linda (Stan's mom) and I accompany them to their 20 week doctor's appointment. This visit would involve an ultrasound and the revealing of Baby Peanuts gender. Lauren the hustler also was able to join us as he had to drive me.

It was AMAZING!! Seeing the heart beating and the baby moving. It was snoozing on it's tummy with its little legs drawn up under it and the little butt up in the air. When the tech would press the wand down, a little arm would come up and swat it away!!

And it was pretty obvious to see that Baby Peanut is........

A BOY!!!!

We are thrilled!! I've already bought him a little camo onesie!! He's the size of a cola can and weighs 11 Oz.  I call him Baby Cletus!!

And a nice this is a style *snerk* blog this is what I was wearing:
The sweater is thrifted and old. I ordered the maxi online from Kmart. It's Jaclyn Smith- I love her stuff. I wanted a couple more maxis as almost all of mine from last year were too big. Thank heaven's for online shopping as my thrifting days are very limited.

I'm coming out of hiding and  linking up with all all of the lively ladies at VISIBLE MONDAY !!!

Everyone gave a fabulous week!!

TTFN

Tamera

24 comments:

Curtise said...

What exciting news! I'm sure everyone is thrilled, hope Julie is feeling well.
So sorry that your back continues to be painful, Tamera. You'd never know it from that gorgeous pic of you, such a great maxi dress, and your beautiful smile is a joy to see! xxxx

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

You can see on my blog today...I love little boys! Congratulations! Keep that big smile beaming!

Patti said...

Wow, congrats T! How exciting, a baby boy peanut in October! It must have been so wonderful to see the ultrasound. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, love your maxi dress. xox

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress! And such happy news! :)

Tami Von Zalez said...

A blue maxi perfect!

Visiting from VM.

Melanie said...

u r sunshine luv luv yello an smile congrats on babe! exciting! hope pain scrams SOON

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! - but, oh boy! My computer goes down, I'm offline for a year, I get back, and - such a deal! I shall indeed pray for you, my old friend ((( ))))

Unknown said...

Such a pretty maxi dress!

Shybiker said...

Hope your health improves. Pretty outfit.

Krista said...

Congrats honey!!!! A boy, how exciting! I'm sorry to hear you still feel like crap but I must say you look beautiful in this dress and that green sweater! If you have back surgery I'll come baby you just like I have been with Peetee, I'm getting good at it!
Love this first photo!!!!!
XXXXOOOOOO

My New Happy said...

Love that maxi on you - very pretty! Congrats on the new grandson on the way. Have a great week!

Vix said...

How gorgeous are you looking despite the ongoing pain? Wonderful in that maxi and in-yer-face cardi!
Fantastic news about Master peanut and an adorable photo of Lauren and our little princess!
Jaclyn Smith? Charlie's Angels? xxxxxxxx

Becky said...

You look fab despite of your back troubles! What a fun Mother's Day <3

Unknown said...

HI Tamera!

Poor you and your back, but you look fabulous Girl!
What great news about the grandson, so happy for you and your family
Tks Tamera for commenting on my blog i know it's not easy for you -
I'm doing better and able now to spend more time of my tablet -

Take care and lots of hugs

Arianexo

Unknown said...

I hate it that your pain continues ... but send all the healy energy I have to send. Clearly not doing any good, but know it's with great affection! Hang in there, girl ... you look lovely in your neon and maxi-blue!
Congrats on the baby news! So happy for you all.

The Style Crone said...

Congratulations on the news! I'm sure that you will enjoy your grandson with much enthusiasm.

So sorry that you continue to have pain, but you are stunning in your maxi. Great colors!

Jayne H said...

Hope your pain can be controlled a bit better - you look fabulous in your maxi and love the colour of the cardi. Congratulations on your baby boy news. xx

SeƱora Allnut said...

dear lady, I'm quite late but still want to huge your poor little back and send you some courage!! (I'm still updating all my blogosphere reading!)
and so joyful to see baby peanuts moving, so emotive!!
oh yes, lovely maxy and pretty color combo too, because I'm here to comment your outfits!
besos & salud

thorne garnet said...

Hiya back!

Sorry you 're still having pain. The Doctor got off lucky with his sciatica. You look lovely in that maxi, Jaclyn Smith, who would have thunk it.

Beth Waltz said...

The lime cardi adds energy to that splendid maxi print -- the perfect ensemble to wear to a gender reveal!

Please indulge in some feel-better treats such as essential oils or hand/foot massage.

Penny-Rose said...

Great colours in your outfit - the zesty lime and the maxi look great together. So sorry to read about your back it must be very painful. Hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Suzanne said...

So great to see you Tamera! And that maxi is so groovy gorgeous and perfect for a baby gender reveal : )

I do hope that all of your physical issues are dealt with soon. This has to be so frustrating, not to mention painful for you.

Thinking of you and sending along positive healing vibes.

bisous
Suzanne

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I love to know the gender prior to the birth and how wonderful to learn that you've got a wee little laddie coming into your lives before you know it! I'm so sorry the epidural didn't work for the pain - this chapter of your life is testing your will and strength that's for sure. Two words "online shopping" - keep it up and now you have a little guy to buy for! I love the maxi you bought online! xoxoxox

Connie said...

Hi Tamera. I have been hanging with a lot of the same crowd as you so I just wanted to say HEEEEEY Girl. I hope you are feeling better. I have been dealing with my own funky back/pelvic issues so I KNOW. Feel better soon.